Sunday, February 22, 2015

Monday February 16th 2015

What a crazy awesome week it has been!! I can't say that it was without trials though! As you all know, Moises was progressing towards baptism!! Well, this past week he wasn't answering our calls or messages. We talked with him on the phone once but he wouldn't meet with us. It's been super hard because we know that Satan is working so hard on him right now and he is falling into those temptations. I just want to take him and lead him back, but I have to let him make his own decisions and so it is rough. Please pray for him that he will desire to continue following Gods path for him :) Also, thank you for all of your emails today. They were exactly what I needed to hear about keeping the positivity and not being upset when things don't work out the way we planned. You guys are truly inspired :D 

Well, now for the good stuff! :) An Elder in my mission is Elder Hansen and I guess Grandpa Doney sealed his parents in the temple!!! Super cool right? They knew that I was going to be in this mission and so they told me about it. Also! I had the opportunity to go to the temple again! 2 weeks in a row, I am so blessed right?!? We had such an amazing experience there. I can truthfully say that I haven't felt the spirit so strong as I did there. We took our investigator Ramona! She was questioning before whether or not she should be baptized on Feb. 28th! So we told her to keep praying and the deciding factor would be how she felt in the temple ;) haha. 






We watched the full-length Joseph Smith movie with her and she told all of us after. "I don't want to be a friend to the church, I want to be a member." It was so cute! We were all so happy and so proud of her. She's gonna be a fantastic member!!! Also, our investigator Arthur had his baptismal interview yesterday and he passed! He will be baptized this Saturday at 9 am :) He is 75 years old and just amazing!! After his interview he told us that we should start teaching his wife, that when she hears about eternal families, "she'll be sold." haha. I have never seen someone so excited about the temple and family history work!! 

There was also a really cool experience where we were trying to heart attack our new investigators door. She showed up to her house though so it wasn't really a surprise, haha ;) Anyway we started asking her about what she believed. She told us how "the bible was passed through many hands and that it was like telephone how the truth was changed. However, that somewhere out there is the truth, but we don't know where to find it." Does that sound familiar?? haha My companion and I about died because that is exactly how I teach the Restoration to people :) So as you all can see, she is super prepared!!!  I will have to update you how all of that goes!!! 

This week was just a huge learning experience for me and I am just so happy here!!  I love the people here and I am trying to make the best of my (probably) my last transfer here :( Love and miss all of you!! And I hit my 6 month mark on Friday!!! :D 

Les amo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment